Powerful Intentions: Law of Attraction Community

Powerful Intentions is a unique Law of Attraction Online Community

Does anyone every feel ashamed of being associated with LOA?  I've talked to a few people outside of this forum who have a very similar mindset about LOA.  However, this is the advice they've been giving people:

"If you are unemployed, then it is your fault.  You manifested being unemployed into your life and therefore you deserve it."

"Your friend should not have manifested cancer.  She chose to believe the doctor's' diagnosis, therefore that is why she will die.  There is no one to blame but herself."

"People are able to heal themselves.  People are able to prevent their own injuries.  Therefore, you should never go to a doctor."

"There is no such thing as a bad economy.  Therefore, stop being lazy and start manifesting a job."

Do you think these people are actually affiliated with LOA?  They believe you control your destiny and can heal yourself.  They believe you have the power to change your life.  However, they seem rather offensive to those who need positive energy and encouragement.  Sometimes, I wonder if these people are just rubbing salt and vinegar into the wounds instead of helping people.  I understand that we can control many aspects of our reality--though not all due to other people's free will--but sometimes I wonder if there is a line that we should not cross due to the negative vibes we pass along to others.

Views: 1445

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think that there is some judgement in people who assign blame to others in certain situations. The unfortunate thing about LOA, Abe, Christianity, the Muslim faith, etc. is that it actively encourages the suppression of feelings. There is no attempt to find the source of the problem that manifests as challenges in health, financial or relational matters. The person is made to feel shame and self-blame that they are "doing something wrong" to manifest their lives in a less than optimal state. I thought of the poor lady who was a member of the Abraham forum who committed suicide. Covering a rotten egg with a carpet of flowers will still smell like a rotten egg.

It is not that straight forward especially when the problem needs to be rooted out. I went to a seminar (a long time ago) that focused on healing wounds of guilt, shame, self-blame and disappointment in the spirit. It was unbelievable that the source of such issues went back many, many years for most participants. After the seminar, you could obviously see an improvement in their spirit. Some went in as stoics, tight and withdrawn came out glowing, bright and radiant. I saw immediate improvements in my own life as well. Abe is wrong. You don't repress a problem - you heal it. 

This seems like a good article on the matter:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/erin-henry/affirmations-power_b_84036...

Point to one, just one, Abraham recording that says you have to repress your emotions or problems. 

All you have to do is visit their website.  Nothing negative is allowed on their site.  I know people who have been banned for venting their emotions and looking for help.  They only want you to post positively.  Sorry, but if a person isn't allowed to vent then there is repression of emotions.  Also, look at many of their recordings and you'll see her tell people "See, you keep saying the negative..."  Well, no DUH!  That's how you RELEASE the negative!  Some people have to talk about it in order to release it.  Not everyone releases it by ignoring it or quietly doing it.  Some need to talk it out.

I see a lot of that on here as well.  People will come on here talking about their problems, trying to vent or release negative energy or looking for help, and then someone on here will say, "You're thinking negatively because you post this problem..."  There's a reason why a lot of great members have left or stopped coming here so frequently if you and others haven't noticed.  I said something about it to someone who asked me why I haven't returned in a while and then I discovered a lot of other people who seem to agree with me about the vibes here being very different than they used to be. 

MT, you said, "Also, look at many of their recordings and you'll see her tell people "See, you keep saying the negative..."  Well, no DUH!  That's how you RELEASE the negative!"

No, that is how you keep focusing on the negative. You release the negative by allowing the emotions to flow through you and then letting them go. If you keep saying the negative, the emotions remain stuck. Abraham has said time and time again, to feel the emotions and then reach for a better feeling thought. If you are constantly speaking and thinking the negative thought, you are most assuredly not reaching for something better. 

As far as their website goes, obviously that is not Abraham/Esther doing the moderating there. This means that whoever is moderating is allowing their own emotions to filter and describe their actions. Even so, I see nothing wrong with deciding that they really don't want to hear someone's "story" of misery and woe, when so many people who tell their stories aren't truly interested in letting them go. 

People leave any forum, or job, or relationship, or what have you, for one reason and one reason only. They are no longer a vibrational match to that situation. 

I don't consider Abraham the end-all-be-all - so - I won't go there.

Quite honestly, I get more from other writers. Perhaps Abraham is not for those who are broken, hurting or confused - so - they should market themselves that way. I already mentioned the lady who committed suicide and the husband of the lady who channels Abraham had some form of cancer (which was kept out of the public for obvious reasons). Telling people to "shut up and smile" is not effective for the reasons I stated above. People are at different levels - some need deep healing while for others a few affirmations will do.

It was the reason why Oprah was so popular years ago. She was focusing on being of service and healing people. Despite her immense wealth, she still had issues.

Found some more pages that could be useful for folks.

http://www.utexas.edu/features/2005/writing/index.html

http://www.baliadvertiser.biz/articles/spiritual/2005/feeling.html

I agree with this statements below (from the link above):

Please note that in embracing a negative belief we are not condoning it. We are merely bringing it into the light and acknowledging it so that it can be changed.

----------------------

The process for changing it is NOT to go around saying ‘I feel good about myself’ fifty times. Positive affirmations do not work [in this case]. They just overlay on top of what our sub-conscious KNOWS is true – which is ‘I’m not good enough’. The way to clear a belief is simply to go into the dark cupboard, pull out the belief. Bring it into awareness, and say, yes! This has been true for me. I acknowledge it and surrender to it. In this instant, as we embrace it, the belief’s power magically goes ‘ping!’ and it is no longer true for us. You may feel an energy shift as you do it (heaviness or lightness in your aura, a feeling of movement).

IMHO, after making the shift in the aura (clearing out the problem), the positive affirmations would have a better chance to take hold and work. Like something from here:

http://ww2.joelosteen.com/Broadcast/Pages/ThisWeeksMessage.aspx

So, you're blaming Abraham and the teachings for this woman deciding to commit suicide, and for Jerry deciding to have cancer? 

Fascinating.

Well, believe what you will, as you are allowed to do that. If you choose to view these things in a negative light, then that is all that you'll see. 

CN Harris starts his comments with,

"I don't consider Abraham the end-all-be-all - so - I won't go there."

and then proceeds to go there....  

I wonder if CN Harris always does the exact opposite of what he/she declares in writing?

Nope - not at all. Just saying that the "don't worry be happy" approach does not work *in all cases* and that to engage in such a philosophy can be harmful because it encourages the suppression (not healing) of spiritual wounds. 

The moral of the story is that if one has such issues, listening to Abraham is not the thing to do. Hopefully, they (Abraham) do not market themselves as a group/entity/person that assists in healing.

I feel that you have a type of disdain (almost disgust) for the woman. I don't want to get into an argument with you here. It is all starting to have a rather dogmatic feel to it. If it works for you then fine. Many blessings to you.

Below I found another link. This is one I read that was also helpful in the past:

http://www.orindaben.com/

No, it is not ever harmful unless the person allows it to be harmful. You are completely forgetting that the message and the messenger have zero to do with the reaction the person receiving the message has. By you believing that it is harmful shows where you lack control over yourself, and are in massive fear. 

The real moral of the story is to be fully aware of your own emotions, your perspective and your beliefs, and then see how what someone else is saying or doing cause you to react in such and so way. Then and only then can you begin to release those things that you react to in a negative way. You have full and total control in every single moment of how you feel, and what you believe. Your choice. Always.

Your "feeling" and perspective about me and how I feel about this woman are vastly skewed.  I don't know her, or her story, nor does it matter who she was or what her story was. All I said was that she made a decision to commit suicide, and you seem to believe she did so because of something that happened on an internet forum. From that very short sentence, you inferred all of my emotions and beliefs around her. Epic Fail for you. Your level of insecurity and fear about what happened, is wholly yours and not mine. I have none around this situation.

I go by two of my own beliefs around all situations: 

1. We are all free to do whatever we want to do.

2. Do what thou will, is the whole of the Law. Love, under Will.

To me, that means that everyone's choice is just a valid as any other persons. That means I have zero emotion around her committing suicide. It was simply her choice. Because none of us has any clue whatsoever as to what her spiritual evolution is, we cannot possibly judge her choice. Therefore, I do not. 

Tolemac said : The real moral of the story is to be fully aware of your own emotions, your perspective and your beliefs, and then see how what someone else is saying or doing cause you to react in such and so way. Then and only then can you begin to release those things that you react to in a negative way. You have full and total control in every single moment of how you feel, and what you believe. Your choice. Always.

BINGO!

Your "feeling" and perspective about me and how I feel about this woman are vastly skewed....From that very short sentence, you inferred all of my emotions and beliefs around her.

Hmm - I suppose it was my interpretation, whenever I hear the words "this woman" being spoken aloud by an individual, I hear an inflection in the tone of voice that indicates some form of disgust. Granted, I cannot/should not assume a negative inflection from the words you have written.

I don't know her, or her story, nor does it matter who she was or what her story was. All I said was that she made a decision to commit suicide, and you seem to believe she did so because of something that happened on an internet forum.

Nope - not at all. I was just writing that  (based on what I heard), she went there for help with her issues surrounding surrounding some kind of deep internal strife. What she should have realized (or what the forum should have emphasized) was that that was not a place by which one seeks help in such matters.

For some people, this forum is fine as all they need is a reorientation of perspective. For others, what is offered just covers the problem in a superficial manner; thereby, making it worse.

Epic Fail for you. Your level of insecurity and fear about what happened, is wholly yours and not mine. I have none around this situation.

LOL - I see you are attempting to turn my assumption about the words you had written around. Again, all I am saying is that she was seeking help (again, based on what I heard). She may have masked her feelings to "fit in" - or - as someone else said - was made to feel that she was at fault for her feelings in the first place. Who knows.

What you term "insecurity", I would like to call "empathy".  In essence, there was loss of a human life.I would like to think that everything is precious in the sight of God - but - that is just me. Perhaps she could have been saved had she found proper treatment. Evidently, the Abe board felt some kind of responsibility for the situation as all of her posts (good and bad)  were deleted (so I heard).

I've worked in Europe for several years, bought my dream home, took lots of vacations in the Caribbean,  have traveled the world and did work on the space shuttle before I saw it take off for a mission. I pretty much considered myself a poster child for LOA for the past 15 years LOL! Personally, I think the ones who got LOA down to a science are those monks in Tibet!

Anywho, again, I will wish you well. If you decide to take my olive branch and break it in half, then this is also your decision :-)

Below is something I found on a different site. I was placing it here just in case someone could find it useful. The author is interpreting the story of Job from a metaphysical point of view. I like her because she does not submit to the idea that feelings should be repressed.

http://www.pathwaytoascension.com/chapel/lesson4.html

God is not impacted by our anger and bitterness. On the other hand, repression of our negative thoughts and emotions does great harm to us. Repression builds impenetrable walls around our being. These walls prevent the flow of spiritual insights and feelings of God's love. Repression consumes all of our vital life force. We have no energy left with which to respond to our soul's urgings. Job is free to rant and rave; he actually finds freedom in doing so. But, before we go out and blast someone, let us remember where Job is. Job is sitting on an ashes heap outside the city walls, where he can rant and rave without doing harm to another human being. It is as Job talks to parts of himself, i.e. his friends, that he catches glimmers of Truth. "Cataclysms in the subconscious . are a necessary prelude to all true illumination

why does a person:

tell someone they have a type of disdain (almost disgust) for another person

and then turn around and wish them blessings?

Some blessings.... don't mean much.

may the dogmatic one, also bless my ass. 

RSS

Powerful Sponsors

Start Your Free Trial Today

Start Your Free Trial Today

===========

==================

Advertising  Group Powerful Intentions.

Join our advertising group and learn about placing ads on Powerful Intentions and the rates.

=================
Powerful Intentions Community-

Follow PIcommunity on Twitter

Welcome To PowerfulIntentions!

Welcome All Powerful Intention Members!.

Powerful Intentions is a unique, online community of people from all walks of life who possess three very important and focused qualities.

Those qualities are:

You believe in the Power of Intentions And The Law Of Attraction And You Are Enthusiastically "Attracted" to be here By Inspired Action!

The P.I. Team's Powerful Intended Result is to:

Create the most fertile community in the world for people to manifest their Intentions!

People who join P.I. are "set up" to BE Successful.

Brilliance, Fun, Luck, Joy and Ease can't help but rub off on them to positively raise their vibration!

Unlimited numbers of the "right" people attracted to P.I., collectively co-creating the most abundant and brilliant ideas, actions and manifestations that have ever been experienced on this planet!

AND we are Happy, Connected, and Abundant, with Brilliance, Simplicity and Ease!!!!!

It's a DONE DEAL and it sticks No MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!

Badge

Loading…

Powerful Advertising Group

Advertising Group on Powerful Intentions.

Join our advertising group and learn about placing ads on Powerful Intentions and the rates.

© 2019   Created by Powerful Intentions.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service