Powerful Intentions: Law of Attraction Community

Powerful Intentions is a unique Law of Attraction Online Community

Looking for Practical Tools/Steps I can follow to find the right career and/or/purpose in life

Hi guys. Here asking for your help again. 

I've worked in Marketing for nearly 12 years now and I know it's not for me. I hate the corporate environment. I find zero purpose and fulfillment. So far my experience has been that these so called multinational companies are all about the bottom line and couldn't care less about the customers and the people that work for them. This is completely against my core values. I was born with a compassionate heart and I care about people and relationships the most. No matter how much I try I can't make myself excited about the business bottom line.

It's gotten beyond frustrating and has been affecting my physical and mental health for a while. I have major financial burdens (sole breadwinner for a family of 4, financing my sister's undergrad education, paying 50% of all expenses in my own household) that stops me from taking steps like going back to school and/or moving from marketing to more people-oriented functional areas (to be honest there is NO real people-oriented functional areas in corporate houses, not in my experience). It might sound like an excuse and to some extent it might be so. However at the end of each payment cycle I know I'm left with pennies even after being mindful of my expenses and spending close to nothing (even skipping lunch most days to save money) for myself.

Anyways. I'm at a point where I realize I HAVE to make some changes to save my life almost. Even if it means more financial burden as I change careers/go back to school.

trouble is, I don't even know what I want to pursue. What am I interested in plus good at? Enough to make a career out of it. I simply have no clue! They say it's a good place to start by thinking about 'what would you do even if you're not paid?' I Don't Know!

Yes I know I enjoy playing games on my phone, or reading about celebrities. It gives me some pleasure fantasizing about being a writer or actor. But are they really my passion? Being a woman of color in her late 30s whose first language isn't English, what really are my options? More importantly, what do I really want to do with my life? How do I figure that out?  

Sorry if I sound super frustrated. That's how I feel right now and often. I've been feeling this way for years now and I'd really REALLY like for this to change. I understand I have to make it happen, but how? How do I go about it? So many tips and tricks on the web on this but nothing helped so far. There are a lot of high level advice but does anyone have any practical tools and/or steps I can follow to atleast find out what I should pursue?

Please Help!

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You don’t know what you want to do, but you do know why you want to do it. You want to do it to feel better and feel good.

“I want to feel loved. I want to feel accepted. I want to feel valued. I want to feel appreciated. I want to feel supported. I want to feel confident at what I do. I want to feel creative. I want to feel interested and eager. I want to have fun.”

When you make it an emotional conversation, and let that be enough, you allow the clarity of what to do.

Right 

Okay cool awarenesses you have going on here, but there are also a few judgments or beliefs that you may want to look at also if you are willing.  Not all corporate companies are the same.  I know like you I have worked in corporate environments and at times there have been some I hated, and others I have loved that were entirely different.  So there is also something out there that can suit anyone if they are willing to look.  At the moment you have written off all the corporate environments and in so doing you have literally closed all corporate opportunities that may work for you.  Now the other thing is that this may be valid, in that you need to experience something else too. 

Now the penny saving is hard and again its something you want took at changing your perspective on.  For example, money doesn’t only have to come from one job you know.  It can come from any number of different ways if you are open to it.  Now it may be helpful to look at what you enjoy doing.  That in and of itself is probably tough to even identify but start thinking about it and see what comes to mind.  You may not get an immediate answer, and sometimes its several days later something will pop to mind.  Now also its important to recognize it doesn’t necessary mean you have to go back to school or change careers either.  So look at what brings you pleasure.  Ask people you work with what they admire about you or like or value.  Often times

Now passion and career are not always completely 100% connected.  It takes a while to discover your passions.  Some folk don’t discover it till their middle ages and then some (and I wouldn’t recommend waiting that long).  Now you don’t have to make a one time decision of what you want to do with your life – you can modify it as it comes and as time progresses.  Exploring what you enjoy is the start. 

Sometimes you can even start out by looking at what you completely dislike and then look at the opposite of that as a starting point.

Thank you both

Hi River

One practical tip I would give you is make use of networking. Be open to receiving offers, ideas, guidance from random people. If it feels right just let people know what you are looking for. There are many people who go out of their way to help others . I once had a random chat with my Uber driver- middle aged woman of a different race , country, culture . As we were chatting I mentioned I was looking for a particular opportunity and she arranged for a meeting with a very important and relevant person ( she gave this person driving lessons ) and I got the opportunity. I was simply enjoying the conversation and had no clue that she could actually help me get that opportunity. I had no work experience in that field BTW.

You want to remind yourself that it is not necessary that this job change will be a burden. The universe can deliver a lot with ease. Focus more on enjoying a job you love, little less on how to get it .

Now the other part is probably an energy thing, not a ‘ practical ‘ thing to do. Abraham suggests that you transform your energy before you switch jobs. You don’t have to fall in love with your current job. But appreciate what it has given you and try your best to not actively engage strong negative thoughts about it . For eg. I don’t like sushi, or torn jeans but thinking about it doesn’t elicit any strong negative responses in me. This shifting of energy within you will reflect on the outside and you will be automatically directed to the job you feel good in.

I totally understand that it can be hard to receive answers sometimes. To me it seems that the reason could be that we have simply have stopped listening to ourselves. Just start now. Whenever you do anything ask yourself what you want from it, what you don’t like or do like about it. You could try journaling. Do more things you like, in a healthy manner of course. Don’t look at it as a means to manifesting a job but instead as a way of becoming more authentic , thus becoming genuinely happy and abundant . 

Try reading up articles regarding career guidance. I like Forbes .There’s some very good advice on the internet. Just don’t try to search for The perfect job that you were meant to do! Just like there are multiple soulmates , there are multiple dream jobs.  You just need one at a time. Or two if you choose a part time one. 

Best wishes,

Infinity

i think the caption will inspire you:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BystcdDlasQ/

Blessings****

Thanks a lot Infinity and Dorothy

You are the most welcome.

You know, you could watch some Abraham Hicks' videos about finding the right/perfect job, they always say you just need to prepare your vibrational atmosphere and your perfect job will be revealed to you, it will come TO you, while if you are in the vibration of "looking for/Finding" a job you are somehow in a powerless vibration.

So act less and visualize/dream more :))

L'immagine può contenere: testo

Thanks for the recommendation

I've been thinking about what I should do myself lately because I hate my job, it's extremely stressful.  And one day this week I had two different people tell me that they LOVE their job.  I don't know very many people that love their job, and I have never had a job that I loved.  So I started thinking maybe I should try to manifest a job that I'd love.  I mean, wouldn't God/Source know me better than I know myself?  Do we really have to go through life trying to figure out for ourselves what we would love to do?  We might never figure it out.  Couldn't Source guide us to a job that would be perfect for us?  So I came up with a prayer to help me manifest it:

"I thank God for my new job.  It's perfect for me, I enjoy it.  I love my new job.  I actually look forward to going to work. It pays me well - I get paid to do something that I love doing.  And it's stress free.  My new job, which is perfect for me, is already mine and comes to me now in a safe and loving way.  This is so, and so it is."

I've manifested things before with prayers like that.  I just say the prayer over and over and over and at some point I just let it go.  You might give something like that a try. 

This is great! Thank you Ndacloud

RSS

Powerful Sponsors

Start Your Free Trial Today

Start Your Free Trial Today

===========

==================

Advertising  Group Powerful Intentions.

Join our advertising group and learn about placing ads on Powerful Intentions and the rates.

=================
Powerful Intentions Community-

Follow PIcommunity on Twitter

Welcome To PowerfulIntentions!

Welcome All Powerful Intention Members!.

Powerful Intentions is a unique, online community of people from all walks of life who possess three very important and focused qualities.

Those qualities are:

You believe in the Power of Intentions And The Law Of Attraction And You Are Enthusiastically "Attracted" to be here By Inspired Action!

The P.I. Team's Powerful Intended Result is to:

Create the most fertile community in the world for people to manifest their Intentions!

People who join P.I. are "set up" to BE Successful.

Brilliance, Fun, Luck, Joy and Ease can't help but rub off on them to positively raise their vibration!

Unlimited numbers of the "right" people attracted to P.I., collectively co-creating the most abundant and brilliant ideas, actions and manifestations that have ever been experienced on this planet!

AND we are Happy, Connected, and Abundant, with Brilliance, Simplicity and Ease!!!!!

It's a DONE DEAL and it sticks No MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!

Badge

Loading…

Powerful Advertising Group

Advertising Group on Powerful Intentions.

Join our advertising group and learn about placing ads on Powerful Intentions and the rates.

© 2019   Created by Powerful Intentions.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service