Powerful Intentions: Law of Attraction Community

Powerful Intentions is a unique Law of Attraction Online Community

Hi everyone,

I have a daily predicament in the city I've recently moved to, which is Vancouver. There is a major issue of homeless people on the streets begging for change. I can't even go to a coffee shop without someone coming in and asking for change. Walking down the street I could be asked 3 or 4 times in a matter of minutes.

Since studying LOA I've been taught that there is tremendous power in giving, and I consider myself a fairly giving person. Without secure employment, I sponsor a child in Rwanda, and I like to think that I help people with advice and inspiration, it's always very rewarding to me to have a conversation that motivates somebody to go after their goals. I make that a duty of mine. It's not necessarily financial but it's giving nonetheless.

Anyways, I can't give money to all of these homeless people, I simply don't have it myself. I feel like they all have opportunities in this city to get out of the situation they're in, and I wish them well in my thoughts, but is that enough? Am I disconnecting myself from source by not giving my money?

Would love to hear some thoughts on this, Thanks!

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I lived in Vancouver 30 years.  

Because it's so warm compared to the rest of Canada, there are tons more homeless there. 

After years of getting hit on for money by dozens of peeps every time I walked downtown, I came up with a new rule for myself.  I had to, because I'd always felt shitty that I couldn't give more, AND it always felt like homeless peple were beligerent about EXPECTING people to give them money.

So I gave the first person that asks me for money, $5.  They get happy and so do I.  No one else who asks me gets anything, and I have no problem saying NO after that first $5.  

I'm not saying you should do this, but it was a "line I drew in the sand,"that worked for me.  

And you might see my brother AND/OR my brother-in-law on the streets there.  My brother busks, playing this weird cello he made, and bass.  My brother-in-law busks with a tenor sax on the viaduct before Canucks games.  

Hey I have seen your brother countless time heading into the games.  Cool.

Karen

Hi Greg,

The only thing that disconnects you from source is how you FEEL. 

As you think about donating to the people on the streets, it is how you feel about whether you donate or not that is the key. 

If you were a billionaire and could give money to everyone yet felt angry/mad/resentful/not enough etc then you are disconnected.

Anytime you give to anyone, it is the act of giving freely with love - and without expecting a return - that keeps you connected to source

Karen

Hi Greg i think what really matters is how you feel when you are giving money or any kind of help to some one. If u feel something like oh what will i have for myself if i give it to homeless i guess that is what you are going to attract. In my own case initially (before knowing loa) i also used to believe that only with money i will be able to help people and i did not had a good paying job at that time. But i always wanted to help peple live a better life and when i delared that intent to the universe i started geting variius opertunities. Now when i listen to some one who are going through some tough times, or when i motivate some one to stay positive, or even when i am able to bring true smile n those peoples lives i know i am close to my life purpose. Wishing u the very best with all your endeavours

That's a great idea Donna! Thank you!

Steve, I'm always impressed by the musicians on the streets, there are some extremely talented folks out there, I will keep an eye out for your brother and brother in law!

RSS

Powerful Sponsors

============= 

I Heart AWeber.com

=============

==================

Advertising  Group Powerful Intentions.

Join our advertising group and learn about placing ads on Powerful Intentions and the rates.

=================
Powerful Intentions Community-

Follow PIcommunity on Twitter

Welcome To PowerfulIntentions!

Welcome All Powerful Intention Members!.

Powerful Intentions is a unique, online community of people from all walks of life who possess three very important and focused qualities.

Those qualities are:

You believe in the Power of Intentions And The Law Of Attraction And You Are Enthusiastically "Attracted" to be here By Inspired Action!

The P.I. Team's Powerful Intended Result is to:

Create the most fertile community in the world for people to manifest their Intentions!

People who join P.I. are "set up" to BE Successful.

Brilliance, Fun, Luck, Joy and Ease can't help but rub off on them to positively raise their vibration!

Unlimited numbers of the "right" people attracted to P.I., collectively co-creating the most abundant and brilliant ideas, actions and manifestations that have ever been experienced on this planet!

AND we are Happy, Connected, and Abundant, with Brilliance, Simplicity and Ease!!!!!

It's a DONE DEAL and it sticks No MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!

Badge

Loading…

Powerful Advertising Group

Advertising Group on Powerful Intentions.

Join our advertising group and learn about placing ads on Powerful Intentions and the rates.

© 2014   Created by Powerful Intentions.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service