Powerful Intentions: Law of Attraction Community

Powerful Intentions is a unique Law of Attraction Online Community

The Weird Connection Between Unfair Childhood Punishment and Money Problems as an Adult! (A strange, but true, success story)

I was speaking with someone a few days ago, who couldn’t see how the injustice and punishment he experienced as a child could be affecting his financial patterns as an adult — on a practical level.

He could see how he had continued to create scenarios of injustice and unfair punishment in his marriage, and in his previous work environment, but not regarding money.

I asked him the following question — and I’m sharing it here, so you can ask yourself the same question, and see if you have a similar connection or pattern…

“Looking back, are there any decisions, regarding money, that you feel you should have made differently? If you were to go back in time right now, are there any financial decisions you would change?”

He said yes, there were many. I asked him for an example, and he shared that he had inherited some money at one point, and going back in time now, he would choose to invest it in property instead of investing it in a business he was so passionate about at the time, but that struggled, and ultimately lost the investment. He realizes now that he could have used the profits from the property investments to start his business — later, but with more financial security.

However, of course, at the time, the decision to start the business seemed like the best one.

Subconscious Links

So, what was happening behind the scenes?

1. The subconscious is, in every moment, referring to the references from childhood experiences that “prove” who we are, how the world works, and what “normal” is (to stay “safe”).

So, in his case — being unfairly punished was the “NORMAL” (and therefore, as far as the subconscious is concerned: SAFE) state to be in.

2. Having MORE money contradicted that state of feeling unfairly punished. So, his subconscious triggered his brain and body to produce chemicals that created feelings and emotions that affected his judgement — creating EXCITEMENT around the option that was the most likely to FAIL.

3. The conscious mind’s job is to make sense of experiences (feelings, sensations, and emotions), so his conscious mind immediately came up with reasons for why making THAT decision would be the best one.

This is just one example, of course, of many, many decisions over the years that perpetuated the “unfair punishment” being expressed financially.

The Solution

The GREAT News is — we are not helpless victims of our past. We all have the ability to change the references that are producing that “normal” state.... Click the link below to continue reading...

https://medium.com/@odille/the-weird-connection-between-unfair-chil... 

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great job!

Thanks, Dorothy :)

Hi Magical Love :)

You're absolutely right about the subconscious not knowing the difference between reality and imagination. It also can't use logic or reason, and can't judge something as unrealistic (which is why we can change memories as well as visualize ;) :) ). 

You're also right that the subconscious doesn't stop at childhood, and continues to record every experience.

But, here's why childhood experiences are the core and the key:

1. From birth, every experience is not just recorded the way a camera would record it. It is given meaning, and that meaning is recorded by the subconscious. That's how we learn who we are and how the world works (and it's why every individual's perception of themselves, the world, and life is unique - and why two people can experience exactly the same conditions and events... and one person can experience it as negative, and another either as positive or not even notice it). It's why a baby can be born into Hollywood or Rural Africa, and learn - automatically - to survive in that environment. 

2. Every new experience is "filtered" through the existing framework - and given meaning, accordingly, and that meaning is again filed and added to the structure of who we are and how the world works. 

3. All of that data is providing "evidence" that "proves" who we are and how the world works. 

Now, if you're using visualization and affirmations to create more wealth... but in the background, your subconscious holds "evidence" (in the form of data from childhood experiences) that "proves" it's "dangerous" to have money, then no amount of visualizing is going to override that. Because, to the subconscious (whose main role is to keep you alive), it's a matter of "life or death". It would be like trying to get past a guard dog by explaining to it that you're not a burglar. ;) 

And since the subconscious can't use logic or reason, even though you may consciously know that having more money would be better for you, your subconscious is unable to make that assessment - it is operating purely from the connections it holds from previous experience (which is all built on the foundation of data from childhood experience - which formed the basis of who you are and how the world works). 

Here's a quick example from my own life:

1. I did EVerything (and I mean Everything!) to change my financial patterns of struggle. In fact, somewhere in these forums are my desperate posts - reaching out for help, trying soooooo hard. 

2. Toward the end of 2015 I discovered that what was happening in the background (despite alllll my efforts with visualization, self-hypnosis, affirmations, practical solutions, budgeting, subliminal programming, spiritual modalities... you name it ;) ) - was this: My subconscious was referring to the "fact" (from childhood experiences) that "I can't be who they want me to be" (expectations) and "If you ask, you don't get." and expecting my dad to come back any day, but he never did (money represented my dad as well as the other patterns).

3. When I changed those childhood memories, my financial patterns (after a lifetime of financial struggle and drama) changed very, very quickly and fairly effortlessly. I went from renting a room in a shared house in England, cleaning houses, and still unable to pay my bills, at 52 years old... to not only able to pay my bills, but that next year (2016), travelling to Greece, Spain (twice), Ireland (twice), America (three times)... and then meeting and marrying the love-of-my-life in 2017 - and now, living in America (where I'd always wanted to live), doing what I love for a living, better off, happier, and healthier than I've ever been. :) 

I had changed my childhood (as far as my subconscious is concerned) to "prove" that I am worthy, loved, safe, treasured, respected, abundant, healthy, supported, etc. :) 

That is why we change the childhood references (childhood memories) - which then automatically changes everything else.

Adult experiences are like the branches, leaves, and stem of a weed. They're what you can see - they're the "obvious". But cutting those does not change the weed. Subconscious childhood memories are the roots. Change those and the whole plant changes. ;) :)

For more on the science behind the effects of childhood memories on all areas of our adult lives, you can read this article: Can We Change Adverse Childhood Memories?
https://medium.com/@odille/can-we-change-adverse-childhood-memories...

Let me know if you have any questions or need clarification on anything - this is my favorite topic, and I love answering questions! :) 

RSS

Powerful Sponsors

Start Your Free Trial Today

Start Your Free Trial Today

===========

==================

Advertising  Group Powerful Intentions.

Join our advertising group and learn about placing ads on Powerful Intentions and the rates.

=================
Powerful Intentions Community-

Follow PIcommunity on Twitter

Welcome To PowerfulIntentions!

Welcome All Powerful Intention Members!.

Powerful Intentions is a unique, online community of people from all walks of life who possess three very important and focused qualities.

Those qualities are:

You believe in the Power of Intentions And The Law Of Attraction And You Are Enthusiastically "Attracted" to be here By Inspired Action!

The P.I. Team's Powerful Intended Result is to:

Create the most fertile community in the world for people to manifest their Intentions!

People who join P.I. are "set up" to BE Successful.

Brilliance, Fun, Luck, Joy and Ease can't help but rub off on them to positively raise their vibration!

Unlimited numbers of the "right" people attracted to P.I., collectively co-creating the most abundant and brilliant ideas, actions and manifestations that have ever been experienced on this planet!

AND we are Happy, Connected, and Abundant, with Brilliance, Simplicity and Ease!!!!!

It's a DONE DEAL and it sticks No MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!

Badge

Loading…

Powerful Advertising Group

Advertising Group on Powerful Intentions.

Join our advertising group and learn about placing ads on Powerful Intentions and the rates.

© 2019   Created by Powerful Intentions.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service