Here are some of my thoughts how i got to learn what letting go is and what it is not. There are lots of us who use the term but i don't really know if we understand it at all. It took a while for me to understand it and make use of it. And i like to share it here.
Many are based on Sedona method of releasing and letting go, and mixed with Eckhart, Abraham, and few more. Feel free to add if you've experienced the same.
What it is not:
1. it is not letting go of desire.
2. It is not letting go of the goal.
3. It is not giving up.
4. It is not sacrificing.
5. It is not going back to powerlessness.
6. It is not a feeling of "i don't care"(indifference)-but sometimes it can be appropriate.
7. It is not a state of passivity.
8. It is not waiting.
9. It is not resisting what is.
9. It is not wanting to separate.
10. it is not a pushing effort. It is not at all an effort.
11. it is not aversion.
12. It is not a feeling of control.
What Letting go is:
1. Letting go is letting resistance go.
2. Letting go is letting judgement go.
3. It is dropping of all motives.
4. It is dropping off judgements.
5. It is dropping of contradictory beliefs.
6. It is allowing PRESENCE!
7. It is allowing BEING!
8. It is allowing the NOW! (eternity/timelessness)
9. It is letting go of the "wanting" approval
10. It is letting go of the "wanting" control.
11. It is letting go of the "wanting" separation.
12. It is letting go of the "wanting" to be one.
13. It is a non-judgemental observation.
14. It is allowing what it is.
I love it! Wonderful contributions Danny ;-) thanks!
allowing anything to BE, is letting go... that's the only thing i can think of to add.
other than that, I think everyone will have different definitions or expectations.
It is actually all it is Steve ;-)
There's a difference to my mind between "I don't care" and "I don't mind"
I think this post is fantastic, thank you!
It's a good point there athena, would you like to expound more on the difference? That would be great for us readers! =)
For all who are in confusion and in a place of wanting to figure it out or wanting to know the answer. Can you allow yourself to let go and release the wanting to know the answer? Can you allow yourself to let go and release in wanting to figure it out?....even just a little bit? Allow yourself to feel the answer is already there. Allow yourself in feeling the relief of having figured it out.
I thought before that the answer is somewhere out there, when the answer is actually in me....the answer i seek is ME! Would you allow that to sink in for a moment?
EASE and JOY
Letting go, in it’s most basic form is letting go of the FEAR surrounding your desire. These fears are mainly fear that you won’t get it, and fear that it’s won’t come. You can get around them by reminding yourself that the Universe is taking care of it all, and that your desire is unfolding perfectly.