THE POWER OF GRATITUDE

In a polite society we say "thank you" after we receive a gift. While that is nice, it not exactly the way the Universe works. Many falter in the manifestation process because they believe that they do not already have what they want. After all, if you cannot see it or touch it, it is not there-right? Wrong!!!!!!!!!!Everything and anything that you could possibly want or desire is all around you. It is in the form of energy-waiting to be shaped and brought into the physical world by the creative process of the mind.Thoughts are things and all things are made of energy-physics 101. Nothing exists in the world that was not first thought about. A chair, a house, a plane, a computer, etc. are merely thoughts that have become manifest. I would go so far as to say that even you and all of the infinite manifestations of life exists because of the first thought-the prime mover-the creative consciousness behind all of existence.When we say that we do not have something, we close the cosmic door. We are telling the Universe "I DO NOT HAVE" and the Universe grants your desire and "YOU DO NOT HAVE." It is said, "seek, and you shall find, knock and the door shall be opened." Unfortunately most people think this merely means that if you seek spiritual salvation, you will find it. However, these words are a basic Law of the Universe. In essence the law says that if you seek something, you will find it. It also says that what you have found is what you have sought. If you knock, a door will be opened, or the doors that have opened are the ones upon which you have knocked.This puts life squarely upon your shoulders. What you have gotten is what you have sought. "But," you say, "I did not seek disease, poverty, financial lack, poverty, loneliness or general misery." Sorry, on some level you either consciously did or you unconsciously accepted these conditions because someone convinced you that is all you will ever get out of life. Someone gives you a canvass and some paints and you say, "What good is this? There is no picture on the canvass. It is blank." You are told to draw a picture and you balk because you are convinced that you are not an artist. As a result, other people use the paints to draw what they want. Now you are stuck with a picture you do not like.Your world is the canvass and the paints are your mind seeking to create a beautiful picture. Because you are told that you cannot draw, you let others do it-you let others paint your world-create your world.Now you sit, displeased with the picture but unwilling to change it because you are convinced that only others can paint. What does this have to do with gratitude? Because you do not feel that you can paint, you do not feel any level of thankfulness for the pictures others have drawn for you. You really wanted a picture of a beautiful house in the country but someone draws a run down apartment. Why should you be thankful, the picture is not what you want? Well, you shouldn't be thankful for something you don't want.Only you can draw what you really desire. But, thinking your desires out of reach you fail to pick up the brushes-even though you have an endless supply of blank canvasses. A blank canvass is all things-in potential. Literally, anything imagined can be placed upon it. The reason it is not a picture of a nice house, or a good job or a wonderful relationship is because you refuse to draw your own picture. We convince ourselves that if we do not have it, there is no use in drawing it.The fact of the matter is that you do have whatever IT may be. The canvass is all things; merely waiting your brush stokes to make it real. When you say that you have nothing to be thankful for, you are saying that the canvass can never have the picture you desire. You close the door without even trying to open it. You see the canvass as blank, but it can be whatever you desire it to be.Giving thanks means that you have already received something. When you give thanks to the Universe for all that you could possibly desire, you are saying that you have received all that you could possibly desire. You give form and then substance to the energy that exists everywhere and by law, these things must manifest. If you say that the picture on the canvass is a new house, it cannot be a run down apartment-the panting can only be what is put on it.It is only hard to give thanks for what you think you do not have because that is your conditioning. You can't paint? Not true-the world you have, you have painted. When you begin to accept the fact that you are the artist of your own life, you will begin to realize that all of those blank canvasses await your secret desires to be drawn by your creative mind.Give thanks for all that you desire. They already exist in potential-it is up to you to make them real. TELL the Universe what you want and tell the Universe you are thankful that it has given you an unlimited supply of paint. Do not close the door of life by saying no thank you. "The purpose of life is to enjoy every minute of it."

You need to be a member of Powerful Intentions. A Law of Attraction Community to add comments!

Join Powerful Intentions. A Law of Attraction Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Perfetto! Grazie! Il ringraziamento è la cosa bella! (That's, "Perfect! Thank you! Gratitude is the beautiful thing!", but it sounds so much cooler in Italian!)

Cheers!!
  • thank you thank you thank you :)
  • As an artist and painting instructor I use alot of what you have said in this post to my students who balk at the new things I insist that they try in painting. But WOW! I never stopped to think about applying this same philosophy to my own everyday life! Thank you, Phillip!
  • Thank you Philip very well done!
    • Thank you-these are the kinds of things in my books and on my holistic coaching web site-it's fun and I am thankful they are of some help to people.
  • Thank you so much for sharing :0)
  • Hello Phillip,
    I really liked what you said hear and I am wondering if you can help me with this subject? I know that what you said is all true and I live it every day. I simle so much these days that my cheeks hurt. I can see the law of attraction in my life, in everything in fact. I wouldn't say that I am having trouble but I do think that I am missing something. I have everything that I ever wanted, a husband whom I love dearly and loves me, two beautiful, healthy, smart children who are very loving, we have our own house and I get to stay at home. These are the only things that were most important to me for as long as I can remember. When I learned of the law of attraction I realized that I manifested all of these things because I was very clear about what I wanted and believed that I could have them. Now I am deliberatly creating because I understand the laws outlined in the book by Ester and Jerry Hicks. So here it goes, I want to be financially wealthy! I believe that I have won the Reader's Digest 72 sweepstakes, for many reasons and it gives me butterflies everytime that I think or speak about it. Yep huge smile and butterflies as I type this! The draw is still a few weeks away and I am so very thankful for my financial wealth that I express it many times a day. I want to attract money to me in the mean time to take care of a few things that are very pressing. So I bought a scratch and win ticket and I just knew that I won before I even left for the store. I won $20, I spent $20 on the ticket so I broke even. I bought a different kind of ticket and didn't win, I didn't get upset or dicouraged because I believe that I am a winner so I bought another ticket a few days later and again I didn't win. I absolutely believe that I have money just beyound my reach and that I will see it manifested. My question is... When you believe something is there for you and you live in a state of appreciation for it what might I be doing, thinking, feeling or saying to delay it? In your post you pointed out a few of these things, I believe that I am not hung up on any of the things you have already mentioned so is there anything that you have not mentioned that comes to mind?
    Thanks,
    Nancy
    • Hi Nancy

It can be better if u wait for a very big urge, before u scratch, or, lottery...when the feeling is there..then do it BTW I am still waiting for my big urge....but i am on the lookout for it. Always watching and waiting for that signal..to do it...

Much Blessings and love, and gratitude to you for your letter
      Geoffrey
    • THE MANIFESTATION CATCH-22

If we can manifest our own reality, why is it that you seem to have a problem getting started? Aside from the largest issue being that you think that someone else, a “higher authority” has told you that it cannot be done and that it is a foolish notion, why can’t you just give it a try. Of course, that is Catch-22 number one. You only want a test drive and you are fully aware that there are many things to try.

But, for the sake of argument, let’s say that you are going to be sincere in your effort. You have heard a lot about the Law of Attraction and you actually believe that it can be done and are convinced that others have been successful. You decide that the most pressing issue, at the moment, in your life is the lack of financial resources so that will be your first goal, to manifest some money. Catch-22! The catch is that you tell the Universe you lack financial resources so “lack” is your message.

You put all of your bills into a stack and figure out how much money you need. Catch-22! You are telling the Universe that you are needy. You then come up with a firm amount-could be a Catch-22-you are saying that is all you need. You then tell the Universe that you want to win the lottery to pay off you bills. Catch-22! Maybe the Universe has a better way to pay the bills that does not include the lottery. You buy some tickets and get angry that you do not win. Catch-22! Your anger gives power to you idea of financial deficiency.

Time for a different approach? You look at you bank statement and get concerned that you do not have enough money. Obvious Catch-22! You then decide that you are going to visualize your bank account with a certain sum. That’s okay in a way but you have in the back of your mind that your account needs more money. Catch-22! You sit back waiting for your checking account to grow. Catch-22! You are not taking any action. When it doesn’t, you get depressed, Catch-22, and you decide that the Law of Attraction is a bunch of bull. The Big Catch-22!

For those of you who are not familiar with Catch-22 it the title of a book by Joseph Heller. The notion is something like this. If you want to move to the U.S. you have to have a job. To have a job in the U.S. you must live here. That is the concept of Catch-22.

I offer the following from Dan Stone on The Shower Channel, “It can be a very difficult thing for you to hear and accept that you never really improve any situation by focusing on what’s going wrong. You never really solve a problem by focusing on the problem. You never get yourself to a place that feels better by focusing on what feels bad (but don’t tell the psychologists that).
      A more precise and important way of putting it is that you cannot move forward in the direction of your dreams and desires when you are focused on the fear or the worry of failure. You cannot move in the direction of what you want when you are insisting upon staring at what is, where you are.
      In fact we would encourage you to never pay attention to what is unless it is delightful to do so. Never give your attention to “what’s real” or “what’s true” unless that reality or that truth feels joyful or hopeful or comforting or reassuring or encouraging . . . For as long as you are giving your attention to anything that distresses or concerns or confuses or frustrates or scares you . . . then you are holding yourself in a place where the joy or the fulfillment or the love or the appreciation or the satisfaction cannot flow freely to you. You are stuck in a place that feels bad and you are stuck there for no reason other than that being what you are choosing to focus on.”

I hope that you can see the Catch-22 in all of this. The moment you try to solve a problem you are sending out mixed messages. You are affirming you have the problem. You are focusing attention on the problem and giving it energy. You are keeping it alive because where your thoughts and emotions go, so does the Law of Attraction. We are told to “take no thought…the fields are already white with harvest and if you have, more will be given.” The point is that when you give energy to a problem, you get more of the problem. What you give thought to is what the Universe will focus on. If you say you do not have, then you do not see the harvest in your life. If you focus on getting, the Universe responds by giving you getting. But, if you focus upon having, the Universe gives you more of what you have. Where your emotions go, the Universe goes also.

These are just some of the Catch-22’s. You must be ever vigilant about your thoughts and emotions. If your desire is money, tell the Universe you really like money and that you are thankful for the money in your life. Do not look down upon the lowly penny but rather give thanks for every penny you have or find. Gives thanks for every bill that you pay and be joyous that you are able to spread the wealth and share with others, even if they are the bill collectors. Focus upon the “have” and not the have not. Remember, every word that follows “I” is very powerful and sends a message to the Universe. Avoid using I want, I need, I don’t, I should, I wish, I need, etc.

I do not mean to focus upon money but it is such an easy example to use. The same applies to every aspect of life and all of your emotions. Do not hold yourself in place by focusing upon your current situation. Walk, talk, think and plan with an attitude of already having. When you change your mindset, things will begin to change and the Catch-22s will begin to fade from your life.

I hope this helps!!
      Phil
    • This post was just what I needed to read today. I was feeling a bit down, but now remembering to be grateful for the things i desire to have in my life. I am feeling and giving thanks for seeing someone I have been wanting to see for the last 2 months
This reply was deleted.