Affirmations, Affirmations, Affirmations!

Hi all!I posted this in another forum and wanted to share it here as well.Here is my post....Hi,I can relate to having no hope. I was diagnosed with bipolar and severe depression over five years ago... I haven't made much progress mainly because I haven't changed my thinking about myself. My husband also lost hope for me and told me he wanted a divorce in December (after 27 years together).I sometimes think "How in the world can I change that"... a lifetime of negative thinking!?! I have many days where I feel no hope but I know I must change. I must change my thinking and learn to love myself. It is the only way to get my perfect health back.. and to be in alignment with my Source.I had an awakening one night while listening to The Law Of Attraction... as I was listening to Abraham I asked "HOW can I change a life time of negative thinking? WHERE do I begin??"I received an answer... "AFFIRMATIONS. AFFIRMATIONS, AFFIRMATIONS"... I heard it 3 times loud and clear... it was as if Abraham was shouting these words to me because they weren't coming from me!But I have such a hard time saying affirmations. I just can't believe them when I say them. So I asked, "How can I possibly say Affirmations when I can't even stand the thought of me saying them... and forget about believing them!"I received an answer to that as well. I was to ask my dear friend, (psychologist and hypnotherapist Dr. Steven Gurgevich) to record my Affirmations for me. I was to listen to his voice until I could say the affirmations on my own. It was a lot to ask of Dr G.... but I asked him anyway. I knew the answer I was receiving that night was coming from a higher power and it was speaking the truth ...I received my Affirmation CD from Dr G. within a week. And I began saying them along with his voice. I feel joyous when I say them now... and I'm starting to believe them too!I'm not there yet but things have gotten much better... especially with my husband. We are happy again and are not getting a divorce... Thank You Abraham!! And Thank You Dr G!So that is what has helped me... My Dr. G Cd of all my Affirmations and saying them along with his voice."Affirmations, Affirmations, Affirmations"... Say them no matter what... and the rest will follow".Cath

You need to be a member of Powerful Intentions. A Law of Attraction Community to add comments!

Join Powerful Intentions. A Law of Attraction Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I Love Myself Affirmation
    Louise Hay

Deep at the centre of my being,
    there is an infinite well of love.

I now allow this love to flow to the surface.
    It fills my heart, my body, my mind, my consciousness,
    my very being, and radiates out from me in all directions
    and returns to me multiplied.
    The more love I use and give, the more I have to give.
    The supply is endless.
    The use of love makes me feel good,
    it is an expression of my inner joy.

I love myself;
    therefore, I take loving care of my body.
    I lovingly feed it nourishing foods and beverages,
    I lovingly groom it and dress it, and my body lovingly
    responds to me with vibrant health and energy.

I love myself; therefore provide for myself
    a comfortable home, one that fills
    all my needs and is a pleasure to be in.
    I fill the rooms with the vibration of love
    so that all who enter, myself included,
    will feel this love and be nourished by it.

I love myself; therefore I work at a job I truly enjoy
    doing, one that uses my creative talents and abilities,
    working with and for people I love and who love me,
    and earning a good income.

I love myself; therefore, I behave and think in a loving
    way to all people for I know that that which I give out
    returns to me multiplied.
    I only attract loving people in my world,
    for they are a mirror of what I am.

I love myself; therefore I forgive and totally release
    the past and all past experiences and I am free.

I love myself; therefore I live totally in the now,
    experiencing each moment as good and knowing that
    my future is bright and joyous and secure,
    for I am a beloved child of the Universe
    and the Universe lovingly takes care of me
    now and forever more.

And so it is.
    • Thanks Lauri!
      Louise Hay's affirmations are the best aren't they? It's early Monday morning here and I'm about to get out of bed to get ready for work... what a nice way to begin my day. Thanks for your post.
      Cath
  • I can plenty identify with your post and I feel the necessity to indulge you with a warm hand to stop your suffering, it will pass. You have given answers to me to many questions I do indeed, thankyou very much!!1

Love

herminia
    • Thank YOU herminia!
      I am grateful for your comment.
      Peace and Light to you,
      Cath
  • Wow, Cath - know that you are a healer.......and you have made my life - better today.

Namaste,

Shema
  • Thanks everyone for sharing such beautiful and encouraging words. I have read thru all of them.

I am currently reading "You Can Heal Your Life" and listening to her Self Esteem Affrimations. I can honestly feel the change already.
  • This is how I spent all day Sunday, the 15th...takes under a minute or so to get one time through the whole thing...

"I approve of myself.
    I love and accept myself, as I am, right now.
    Joy is pumping through my body and my world, with every beat of my heart.
    I am willing to change.
    I am willing to release the need for resistance in my life.
    I am willing to release the need for lack of money in my life.
    I am willing to realease the pattern in my consciousness that is creating resistance to my good.
    I am open to receive.
    I am open to receive unlimited , multiple streams of income.
    I deserve the best, and I accept the best, now.
    Love is everywhere. I am lovable, and loving.
    I approve of myself."

I just spent all day repeating that as a mantra, every time I thought of it.

Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty darn good today.

Doug
    • Hi Doug.. and Hi everyone!!
      I haven't been posting lately but i wanted to share an experience i had the other day.
      But first things first....Doug, i love your affirmations! They are very beautiful! Thank you for sharing them with us!

Boy, sometimes It's a real struggle for me... some days I even have trouble listening to my Affirmation CD that Dr Gurgevich so kindly recorded for me. Well, the other day I was in a very negative state and i was very angry about it too! So i said a few affirmations but had to stop when i discovered that (on that day), I was saying affirmations as a means to beat myself up and dis-prove everything good about them...and myself as well.

So I stopped the affirmations and tried reading...I read some of Ernest Holmes books, Louise Hay's, and many others... but had the same reaction. I wondered why I was choosing to be in that state of mind (and it was very clear to me that i wanted to be miserable and remain in that state of mind). Well I never figured it out but I'm wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this? I'm better today but still have resistance (i haven't said or thought my affirmations. And i haven't played my Affirmation CD today that Dr G recorded for me. OK i will do it today (listen to my Affirmation CD) but i still feel resistance. Does anyone have any thoughts, comments, or experiences to share?
      cath

l
    • That is great Doug, I'm going to write those down! Awesome! In love and light!~Annmarie
  • Affirmations have also helped me. They are a constant reminder to me to stay in alignment with what I really want. I can't change the past, but I can focus on the present moment and be grateful for the positive things in my life! Thanks for your post. Very inspirational!
This reply was deleted.