You Can Heal your Body

This information is taken from Louise Hay's book: "Heal your Body".........Page 7 Replacing Old Patterns:In order to permanently eliminate a condition, we must first work to dissolve the mental cause. But most often, since we don't know what the cause is, we find it difficult to know where to begin. So, if you're saying, "If I only knew what's causing this pain," I hope that this booklet will provide both a clue t find the causes and a helpful guide for building new thought patterns that will provide both a clue to find the causes and a helpful guide for building new thought patterns that will produce health in mind and body.I've learned that for every condition in our lives, there's a need for it. Otherwise, we wouldn't have it. The symptom is only an outer effect. We must go within to dissolve the mental cause. This is why willpower and discipline don't work. They're only battling the outer effect. It's like cutting down the weed instead of getting the root out. So before you begin in the New Thought Pattern affirmations, work on the willingness to release the need for the cigarettes the headache, the excess weight, or whatever. When the need is gone, the outer effect must die. No plant can live if the root is cut away.The mental thought patterns that cause the most dis-ease in the body are criticism, anger, resentment, and guilt. For instance, criticism indulged in long enough will often lead to dis-eases such as arthritis. Anger turns into things that boil, burn, and infect the body. Resentment long held festers and eats away at the self and ultimately can lead to tumors and cancer. Guilt always seek punishment and leads to pain. It's so much easier to release these negative thinking patterns from our minds when we're healthy than to try to dig them out when we're in a state of panic and under the threat of the surgeon's knife.~ Louise L. HayShe has a list of mental equivalents that had been compiled from many years of study, her own work with clients and many of her lectures and workshops. It's helpful as a quick reference guide to the mental patterns behind the dis-ease in your body.....the list is way too long to put in this discussion but if you tell me the type of pain or problem you are having I can look it up in the book to tell you the healing affirmation you should be saying........In love and light!~~Annmarie

You need to be a member of Powerful Intentions. A Law of Attraction Community to add comments!

Join Powerful Intentions. A Law of Attraction Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You know I have the book myself at home, but have I really read it and absorbed the concepts in there? Nope probably not. Because I have my health problems which haven't really dissolved so I must therefore still be clinging on to long held beliefs that are blocking the flow.

How many of you feel that the book has really helped you? I'm curious?
  • Annmarie,

I was hoping to find Louise's chart of ailments and probable causes somewhere on the internet - but haven't found it yet!

Can you tell me what she says about cancer? A friend was just diagnosed with throat cancer.

Thanks!

Lauri
    • Here it is from You Can Heal Your Life
      Cancer - deep hurt, longstanding resentment. Deep secret or grief eating away at the self. Carrying hatreds. "What's the use?" .

Throat - the inability to speak up for one's self. Swallowed anger. Stifled creativity. Refusal to change.

Now from personal experience as an intuitive, I can vouch that throat problems for me truly mean stopping yourself and not speaking up. Holding in emotions, specially anger. I always get a "knot" in the back of my throat when I am holding in emotions. So, usually when this happens, I'll just start talking about whatever, but just to be talking and before I know it my true feelings are coming out.

It sounds as if your friend has carried everything within for so long that it is starting to eat away at her (cancer).

I hope that she is doing well honey and let me know if you have any other questions I'd be happy to help in any way I can.
  • How about binge eating...
    • Binge eating is again an expression of not loving the self. Working with Louise's methods and affirmations is a good place to start. Watch her movie "You can heal your life" it is very powerful! Once you begin to love yourself you will not be inclined to hurt yourself with self destructive habits, it will be a natural process and you will find other ways of treating yourself well, the way you deserve to be treated.
  • Such a powerful, interesting thread!

For the last two years I've studied and resonate most with the teachings of Abraham, but I'm happy to find Louise filtering in and I'm finding her philosophy fits nicely with theirs.

Very insightful info on the overweight issues!
    • I have just decided to change. Where do I begin? I love myself affirmations?
    • Paul go with whatever feels right to you! Starting with the affirmations is a great place to start! Look in the mirror everyday and tell yourself how much you love yourself. Read as many books as you can on Louise Hay's teachings! Believe in yourself and know that everything is possible! in love and light!~Annmarie
    • geez this aint meant to be easy is it?
    • Hi Paul, Be kind to yourself. Louse always says stop all criticism of yourself and others as it does not lead us anywhere and only creates pain. Be gentle with yourself. It is very difficult for most of us to look ourselves in the mirror and truly say we love ourselves. The fact that it is difficult shows how we have to work on our self esteem and self love. I find spending time with people who make me feel good is so important. It is like a gift to myself. I have also found that I need to find my creativity, and find things to do that fulfil me. Buy yourself a CD with Louise Hay speaking, she is so inspiring and loving, it really helps to learn her teachings in this way. Enjoy the journey!
This reply was deleted.