You Can Heal your Body

This information is taken from Louise Hay's book: "Heal your Body".........Page 7 Replacing Old Patterns:In order to permanently eliminate a condition, we must first work to dissolve the mental cause. But most often, since we don't know what the cause is, we find it difficult to know where to begin. So, if you're saying, "If I only knew what's causing this pain," I hope that this booklet will provide both a clue t find the causes and a helpful guide for building new thought patterns that will provide both a clue to find the causes and a helpful guide for building new thought patterns that will produce health in mind and body.I've learned that for every condition in our lives, there's a need for it. Otherwise, we wouldn't have it. The symptom is only an outer effect. We must go within to dissolve the mental cause. This is why willpower and discipline don't work. They're only battling the outer effect. It's like cutting down the weed instead of getting the root out. So before you begin in the New Thought Pattern affirmations, work on the willingness to release the need for the cigarettes the headache, the excess weight, or whatever. When the need is gone, the outer effect must die. No plant can live if the root is cut away.The mental thought patterns that cause the most dis-ease in the body are criticism, anger, resentment, and guilt. For instance, criticism indulged in long enough will often lead to dis-eases such as arthritis. Anger turns into things that boil, burn, and infect the body. Resentment long held festers and eats away at the self and ultimately can lead to tumors and cancer. Guilt always seek punishment and leads to pain. It's so much easier to release these negative thinking patterns from our minds when we're healthy than to try to dig them out when we're in a state of panic and under the threat of the surgeon's knife.~ Louise L. HayShe has a list of mental equivalents that had been compiled from many years of study, her own work with clients and many of her lectures and workshops. It's helpful as a quick reference guide to the mental patterns behind the dis-ease in your body.....the list is way too long to put in this discussion but if you tell me the type of pain or problem you are having I can look it up in the book to tell you the healing affirmation you should be saying........In love and light!~~Annmarie

You need to be a member of Powerful Intentions. A Law of Attraction Community to add comments!

Join Powerful Intentions. A Law of Attraction Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Annmarie
    Gosh, you are an angel! My dis-ease is Diabetes. I am adult onset insulin dependent. I would love to see what you may have on that. Plus I am overweight, mostly belly weight (which I did saw your post on that) Thank you so much!
    • Hi Tuffy! The following is what Louise's Book You can HEal your LIfe on page 28 has to say about diabetes:
      Problem:Diabetes
      Probable Cause:Longing for what might have been. A great need to control. Deep sorrow. No sweetness left.
      New Thought Pattern (affirmation):"This moment is filled with joy. I now choose to experience the sweetness of today."

Good luck my friend! Anything is possbile in this life. Keep the faith and love yourself! In love and light!~Annmarie
  • I just read You Can Heal Your Life for the first time a few weeks ago, and Louise is a hoot! I was actually a little sad when the book was over, that's how much I enjoyed reading it.

I love the chapters where she describes what causes physical ailments -- she is a very smart lady. I told a friend of mine about it and now she regularly asks me to look things up for her. At first she was skeptical, but now she admits Louise is spot on every time :)

She's right too, about affirmations. Some of hers are, admittedly, a bit out there, but when you say them every day, they become true!

Thanks for starting this community, Annmarie, and hope you are having a wonderful evening xx

-Lisa
  • Wow, this is huge! Thanks! Stephanie
  • Annmarie, I really enjoy your uplifting posts. This perspective simply must be considered in my journey toward healing form painful divorce. Thanks from Carol
    • Hi Chris! Welcome to this forum. Here is what Louise's book Heal your Body has listed for heart attacks:

Problem:Heart attack
      Probable Cause:Squeezing all the joy out of the heart in favor of money or position, etc.
      New Thought Pattern:"I bring Joy back to the center of my heart. I express love to all.

Problem:Heart
      Probable Cause:Represents the center of love and security.
      New Thought Pattern:"My heart beats to the rhythm of love."

Problem:Heart problems
      Probable Cause:Longstanding emotional problems. Lack of joy. Hardening of the heart. Belief in strain and stress.
      New Thought Pattern:"Joy, joy, joy. I lovingly allow my joy to flow through my mind and body and experience."

Good luck with the affirmations and keep in touch!
      In love and light~Annmarie
    • Thank you Carol for your kind words, we are all here to support one another! You are a beautiful person and deserve nothing but the best out of life! If there is anything I can do to help you with your journey please don't hesitate to ask!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a wonderful inspiring week! In love and light!~Annmarie
    • Annmarie,
      I've been striving to release anger and bitterness over past hurts in a lousy marriage, but hardest for me is when similar hurtful events continue to happen even now. Have two sons and so there's need for communication, kept to a minimum and still often painful.

I had an absessed tooth not long ago and ended up having to have it pulled. Not only very painful but have no insurance right now so - tough. Now only weeks later have another toothache and ...not again. While I've no doubt that stress is behind a lot of disease, not sure what to do
    • Start looking yourself in the mirror and telling yourself everyday several times a day "I love you, I really really love you." Start from there, start loving yourself first then you can start working on the other things. You are a very special person and we are all here to learn life lessons. That may not always be easy but we are now becoming aware of how to heal ourselves. You already took the first step in acknowleding what is going on with you now you can slowly begin to heal. It won't happen overnight, it takes some time to do this but it's OK, we have that time. YOu are going to be fine and you are going to get through this. Let's start with loving yourself. Tomorrow I will post some affirmations on absessed tooth, anger and bitterness. Have a blessed evening. In love and light!~Annmarie
    • Thanks so much, Annemarie. You are such a kind and giving soul. The healing IS a process that takes time, been doing a lot of back and forth in that journey - get better, then slide back.
      Best to you! Carol
This reply was deleted.