Expanding the Light

We can never really expand our own Light-filled experience until we see the Light in others. That's a given, right? Well, the people where it's the hardest to see it become our "growing edge" in this.Einstein said "A human being is a part of a whole, called by us 'universe', a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."So how do we grow beyond this prison? It can only expand by seeing the Light in those we perceive as enemies.Matt 5:43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love only those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?"We all have "enemies." We all have people who call to our own darkness and bring that out in us. These people may have an agenda that conflicts with our own. They may remind us of past people who have hurt us. They may even have hurt us themselves.I have people I work with whose agenda is in direct conflict to what I see as right, loving, true and harmonious, let alone conducive to the proper function of the company. Are these people my enemy? What kind of energy am I giving out if I say that they are?This does NOT say that I have to surrender my Truth or passively accept what they do. I can still call them on it, with guidance from Source.Let's take Osama bin Laden, for example. He has taken it upon himself to call me his enemy, to call the West and even peaceful Islam his enemy. I can still choose to see the Divine Light in him and at the same time, know that he is calling his own destruction upon himself. I can know that his actions and his mindset are not in alignment with God and need to be opposed, stopped and removed from human consciousness.But I don't have to hate him. I can even see that removing that kind of thinking from the face of the earth as an act of love, not just for humanity, but for him as well. It's not doing his karma any good to keep doing what he's doing.The same is true with other "enemies of the Greater Good" no matter whether we encounter them personally or globally. I can see the Divine Light in them enough and love them enough to point out where they might be out of alignment with that Light. I expect others to do the same for me.If I choose to focus on the enmity between us, that can never shift and I lock in that enmity. I don't think the world can afford the luxury of maintaining enemies anymore.Salaam, Shalom, Shanti, Peace

You need to be a member of Powerful Intentions. A Law of Attraction Community to add comments!

Join Powerful Intentions. A Law of Attraction Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Seamus, the light in me seeks out the light in you! How easy when someone is of like mind/action. Together may we face the outward wickedness of others and move/look beyond it to the light and source in them. This is true and right.
  • Greetings,

I loved this - quite beautifully stated.
    When people say things are deep, I feel they are seeing that the thought in it are coming from the center of ones thought Source, rather than the usual picking and packaging together thoughts that have floated up from Source.

I agree fully that seeing the Divine in our enemies cause great expansion of our Light. It is easy to preach to a congregation that is sitting there voluntarily to listen to your words - quite another to go into the streets and talk to those opposed to your insights.
    Thank you for this post, it reminded me I need to see Light everywhere, not just in the daylight.

WithIn Love
    Darrell
This reply was deleted.