Replies

• Hey Susan!

Clearly, you're being sardonic.

Nonetheless, many a truth is said in jest. Or, at least, wit may point us to something worth considering.

At present, I describe my mission as glamorizing freshness.

I don't know if it comes off as obvious, but this mission comes from a willingness to dive into some very shallow aesthetic pools. I see all the hoopla over prettiness and cuteness and say, "Okay! I'll bite. Let's see how much fun this concept will allow." And I'm not being a wise acre, either. I'm pretty naive, in this sense.

So, I appreciate artists like Katy Perry, for example (or - for those more into the gallery scene - Miranda July). I take cheerleaders seriously. And I'm a big fan of Hello Kitty's.

I disagree with the idea that one can't be interesting within those categories, because even when one TRIES being a robot, one's uniqueness inevitably oozes through. How one deals with that's another thing, completely, of course.

Guess what I'm saying is that accepting one's "unearned" blessings can be an important start in discovering deeper aspects of one's self. And - hey! Rebellion against one's givens is legit, too.

So, I get it that an all-but-Barbie girl may want to be One Of The Guys.

I'm just saying that it's good to take inventory of what one has available that one is willing to play with and to really experiment with those aspects. Other people's attitude to these matters is worth ignoring, where possible. Because the unique touches worth keeping and exploring for a lifetime are sure to piss somebody off. Maybe because they seem ugly, maybe because they seem politically correct, maybe because they make somebody jealous.

Okay. I'm officially ranting. 

Hahaha! :P

Sunshine & Blessings,
    Giovani

• But i dont wanna be interesting !! Barbies are pretty, n have all the cool clothes...ken wasnt really that great anyway...we need a whole new line of barbies damn it...interesting ones....hmmm...
  • Teresa, you say the most beautiful words!

• Teresa,

Thank you for your passionate response. :O)

That song really is special to me, so it pleases me that it moved you so.

I am honored by the depth of your attention, Teresa. Talk later, Wonderful!

Sunshine & Blessings,
    Giovani

• I can't see the video, it says that is private :( But anyway, I really like the lyrics, are very inspiring!

• Mars,

Thanks for the heads-up! :O)

I switched it from Private to Unlisted. If I understand correctly, you should be able to view it, but it won't appear in any suggestions from YouTube. Let me know if that fails. If so, I'll just make it public. I'm avoiding public because I just couldn't do that extra bit of work to vet and credit visuals and, so, consider this a preliminary sketch.

Glad the lyrics moved you. I'll be curious what you think when the tune comes into play.

THANKS, MARS! :D

Sunshine & Blessings,
      Giovani

• Giovani, now I like the lyrics even more! Now the words have life, emotion, you put power into them. And your voice is very beautiful! 

• Wow!

Thanks, Mars!

I really appreciate what you said about my singing this song, and I'm glad the tune's brought the lyrics to life.

Sunshine & Blessings,
      Giovani

• First of all, I found incredible inspiring all Warhol's quotes you posted; his vision was unique and he was a really special being. 
    Second, WOW Giovani, I love the Lana Del Rey one! Amazing  <3

• Hey Mars!

Glad you enjoyed the Warhol & Del Rey show. ;O)

Warhol was my actual inspiration in starting The Enchanted Factory, as you may have guessed. He IS inspiring, though deeply puzzling, as well.

Del Rey's song - but especially the video - VIDEO GAMES moved me in ways very similar to Warhol's life & works. It's a true example of pop art (though quite sentimental). I suspect Warhol might have drawn her, were he alive, today. I've yet to run into another piece of her's that moves me in quite this fashion. But her career's still got quite a few turns to go, so we'll see. :O)

Sunshine & Blessings,
      Giovani

This reply was deleted.