When I accepted the fact. When I turned to face myself. When I saw in me what you possibly see in me. ..and when I accepted that you were right from your point of view. I became free. I no longer have to rationalize, justify, run and hide for fear of seeing what you see, change to please.....none of it! I accept it. I accept that even if you think that I'm a bright and wonderful person that there's someone somewhere who doesn't.....and I can face myself and agree. I'm a horrible person...Isn't…Read more…
The Judge-Your-Neighbor Worksheet
Fill in the blanks below, using short, simple sentences. Don’t censor yourself; don’t be wise or “spiritual.” Take this opportunity to express your negative feelings on paper.
- Who angers, irritates, saddens, or frustrates you, and why? I am ________________ at ________________ because __________________________________________________. Example: I am angry at Paul because he doesn’t listen to me, he doesn’t appreciate me, he argues with everything I say.
- How do you want them to change? What do you want them to do? I want ________________ to __________________________ ___________________________________________________. Example: I want Paul to see that he is wrong.
I want him to apologize.
- What is it that they should or shouldn't do, be, think, or feel? What advice could you offer? ________________ should/shouldn't_____________________ ___________________________________________________. Example: Paul should take better care of himself. He shouldn't argue with me.
- What do they need to do in order for you to be happy? I need________________ to ___________________________ ___________________________________________________. Example: I need Paul to hear me and respect me.
- What do you think of them? Make a list. ________________ is _________________________________ ____________________________________________________. Example: Paul is unfair, arrogant, loud, dishonest, way out of line, and unconscious
The Four Questions
Investigate each of your statements from the Judge-Your-Neighbor Worksheet using the four questions and the turnaround.
- Is it true?
- Can you absolutely know that it's true?
- How do you react, what happens, when you believe that thought?
- Who would you be without the thought?
- What is it that you don't want to experience with that person again? I don't ever want to __________________________________ ____________________________________________________. Example: I don’t ever want to feel unappreciated by Paul again. I don’t ever want to see him smoking and ruining his
I am a big Abe student so I know I create my own reality.So this work just blends so perfectly with it.Today I was just a little annoyed with a BELOVED and I kept doing the work and keeping my bitchy thoughts to myself (which is always a good idea in theory) but alot of times in the past I have just given in to them and said things I later regretted.So about an hour into me keeping my mouth shut and doing the work . This BELOVED person took it apon themselves to clean the WHOLE kitchen. I mean…Read more…
Last night someone did something that usually takes me into insanity. I mean yealling and all kinds of scarry thoughts that can throw me for a good 20 hours.So I did the work when I started getting upset . Next thing I unplugged my phone and got a good book going. Just stayed in the moment and enjoyed MY TIME.THIS IS BIG. I LOVE THIS WORK.Everything worked out perfectly and I am as Katie says "looking forward to when I can do the work again"BLESSINGS KIMRead more…
I am really enjoying an audio book with Byron Katie and Wayne Dyer. "How to make your thoughts work for you"He says that Abe-Hicks and Byron Katie are two of the greatest teachers on the planet right now.Then he went on to sum up alot of Abes teachings by saying that next time you think of something that you "think" is missing in your life simply say"IT IS ON ITS WAY" ---DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THATKIMRead more…
Note: this page contains paid content.
Please, subscribe to get an access.