Reasons for Life And Place Mat Process

Reasons for Life

GUEST: I understand that I’m here to be participating in some way physically. You said that I have the capability to hold a vision for others who don’t have the habit yet of holding their thoughts upon their vision. But there’s so many hours in my day. If I was just supposed to hold a vision, why wouldn’t I be up there hanging around with you guys? I want to do something physical.

ABRAHAM: If you were embarking on a two-week vacation and you know, “I’m going to be in this city and in this city and in this city and in this city, and then we’re going to come home and we’ll be so rested.” And then you say, “The final destination is home. So, let’s just cut out all this trouble in between and just not go. We’ve reached our final destination. We’ve succeeded. We’ve arrived at the place we started out to go.” And we say, you sure did.

Most humans approach life thinking they’re on their way some place, and if they could just get there without going, then everything would be perfect. And we say, what about the reason for life? What about the reason for bumping into people? What about the reason of feeling the fluctuation in their vibration? What about the reason for feeling something wrong and identifying what feels right to you and correcting it within your vibration and watching the Universe amplify it? What about the expansion of thought? What about the joy of life? What about the thrill of going beyond where I’ve been before?

Human perspective says, “Here I am in an incomplete place and I would like to get over there, and I would do it with magic or I would do it with trickery or I would do it with a metaphysical guru...I would do anything that it takes to get over there. That’s what I want.” And we say, no that isn’t what you want. What you want is the excuse to get to go from here to over there. It’s the day-to-day unfolding. It’s the meaning of interaction. It’s the stimulation of thought. It’s the new ideas that flow to you. It’s the thrill of formulating a decision and knowing you’re nowhere near vibrational harmony with the decision. And then it’s the thrill of getting a little closer to it and feeling the relief of it clicking into place — and then the thrill of feeling the expanded thought bringing expanded information and different people and different understanding. And then it’s the thrill of chewing on that and coming to a greater conclusion. And then its the thrill of knowing I’m still not quite in vibrational harmony with the new expanded vision. It is so satisfying to mold Energy — more than molding clay, more than painting on a board, more than writing words in a book.

There is nothing in all of the Universe more delicious than to be physically focused with this dramatic contrast that abounds and feeling the clarity of your thought and the culminating of your decision and the alignment of your Energy with the decision and then feeling the forces of the Universe — the Energy that creates worlds — flowing with you for the promotion of that idea. That’s the reason you exist.

This physical environment is your playground of expansion, and without it the Universe could not expand in the way that it does. Do not for a moment believe that the Nonphysical you’s, the Nonphysical Inner Beings and the Nonphysical gods are sitting back with some clear picture of how it’s all going to be, just waiting for you all to catch up with it. You are extensions of that Energy, but you are the specifics of that Energy, while we are the generalities of that Energy — and the specifics are necessary for the motion forward.

To End Up Losing Weight
GUEST: A couple of years ago I lost a lot of weight and I feel like I never really experienced being a size 4. And now I’ve put weight on again, and now I’d be happy at a size 8. And it’s hard to imagine being a smaller size. I have pictures all over my house of what I looked like at a size 4, and still, when I eat, I have this thought that “Well, if I wanted to lose weight I wouldn’t be eating this.” So I put all that Energy into everything I do, and I haven’t...I don’t end up losing weight. I’m not a size 8.

ABRAHAM: Well when you have not taken the time to line up the Energy, it doesn’t matter what sort of action you do or don’t do. You can’t buck that current. So what you must do is find the feeling place of that which you are wanting. Now, what you are saying to us is “I can’t find that feeling place. I’ve got pictures and they don’t do it for me. I’ve got a memory and that doesn’t do it for me.” And what we’re really hearing you say is, “My now observation is so dominant relative to this subject that I can’t even find thoughts that evoke any other feeling from me.” So we say, show yourself with other subjects.

If you’re really in a place where you feel paralyzed to think any differently than you’ve been thinking, then start with other subjects until you show yourself “Hey, I can do it with that. I can do it with that. Maybe I can do it with this.”

What Does It Feel Like?
The best phrase, and if you will utilize it, you will feel Energy shift right away, is “What does it feel like to feel slender?” Or, “What does it feel like to feel prosperous?” You can put whatever word in there that is important to you. The reason that we want you to hear that, “What does it feel like to feel slender?” is because you’re screaming with every fiber of your being what it feels like to weigh more than you want. In other words, you know what it feels like to feel fat. You know what it feels like to feel uncomfortable. You know what that feels like, and the Universe is taking you at your feeling projection.

Lie in your bed when the room is dark where there are no mirrors or there are no binding clothes. There’s nothing to challenge the feeling. And ask yourself, “What does it feel like to feel slender. What does it feel like to be a little slip of a thing lying here in this great big bed. This slender little body lying here hardly weighing enough to even make an indentation in the mattress? What does it feel like to feel slender? What does it feel like to feel so good in my body that I just glide and float about? What does it feel like?”

There’s power in the words “What does it feel like?” You see, you can generate the feeling just by wanting the feeling. Most of you go about it the hard way. You try to create a circumstance that will then generate a feeling response, but by going right for the feeling, the Universe will take you at your feeling vibration. The Universe doesn’t ask for any justification.

If you offered a feeling of being slender, The Universe wouldn’t say, “Aah, aah, aah. That’s not justified. You’re not slender yet.” The Universe does not know whether the vibration that you’re offering is because of something you’re observing or something you’re remembering or something that you are imagining. It just receives the vibration and answers it with things that match it. And every part of the Universe including the cells of your body begin to respond to that vibration.

Contributes To Mass Consciousness
So what do you think the strongest current is in the Stream of Consciousness relative to the subject of physical bodies? “We’re declining. We’re getting uglier with every year that passes. Our bodies are out of control. The natural state of our body is decline. You really have to fight against your body because it wants to be ugly and old and sick and fat and you really have to work hard to hold...” In other words, that’s the sort of input that mass consciousness is contributing to that Stream. So why is it easier to think the unwanted thought? Because the current is already there.

Generate Your Own Current
Realize that you can be part of the current by doing nothing deliberately, or you can generate your own current with 68 seconds of pure thought. And when you generate your own current, the entire Universe accepts it. You will not single-handedly change the way people feel about that subject — but you absolutely will gain control about the way The Universe responds to you relative to that subject. All aspects of your life will be more in alignment with your own desire.

We watch people who are feeling very fat and uncomfortable and unhappy with their bodies, and from that vibrational feeling place, what they choose for dinner is always a vibrational match to what they are feeling. By their beliefs, the thing they are drawn to is the very thing that they do not want that they believe that they should not eat... And then you say, “I just cannot stop myself.”

Natural Foods
Your physical body doesn’t think of food for anything other than fuel. Someone asked us the other day, “What would an absolutely natural physical body eat?” In other words, if it were a physical body that was absolutely motivated by its Nonphysical knowledge and intent, what would it eat? And we said, more natural things. Now, by that we only mean things that are not processed so much. Things that are not mixed together so much. Your body would crave fruit and you might eat it all at one sitting. And at another sitting, your body would crave something more like vegetables. And at another sitting, something more like protein. In other words, your body would crave simpler foods. If you eat them together, and sometimes there is advantage to the combination of the food, your body would crave those perfect combinations. Your body would not crave sugar. Your body would not crave preservatives. Your body would not crave MSG. Your tongue does. In other words, the satisfaction of your taste does.

The cells of your body are easily satisfied. When you choose things that are a vibrational match to the cells of your body, your cells are easily satisfied and you feel fueled. You feel Energy. Your cells are relaxed. When you eat what your cells naturally are asking for, you eat for fuel. In the same way that when your gas tank is empty you put more gasoline in it, you don’t put in pizza or donuts or anything like that. You put in the fuel that is in harmony with your engine. You would do the same thing with your body.

Unnatural Foods
When you introduce to your body something like sugar, or caffeine or preservatives ...when you introduce those substances that are not natural to your body to your body, your blessed body, which is so resilient, acclimates to them. It makes itself work anyway. It absorbs it. It consumes it. It does the best it can with it, and it compensates for it. But it has to work harder to compensate for these foods than it would if you were giving it the foods that are natural to it — and in its compensating process, it overcompensates on a cellular level. That overcompensation, to you, now feels like it’s asking for more of it, and so that translates to you as a craving.

Understanding Cravings
Have you ever had something like a box of chocolates and you wanted to eat only one or two? But then you found yourself wanting more. There’s a sort of illogical craving where you’ve gone far beyond the limit that your stomach really wants, far beyond the limit of satisfaction. You’re not even really enjoying it, but you’re consuming it in some sort of obsessive way. The cells of your body, in their trying to compensate for this weird stuff you have given it, are now overcompensating, which is setting up an attitude of craving...That’s why people have discovered that sometimes a fast or a cleansing — sometimes they use juices or just water — is sometimes the very best thing to do in starting a new process. We don’t really recommend it, because it is so extreme, but it does sort of put your cells back into the place of knowing what’s more natural. It’s sort of like going cold turkey for a little while, getting off the drug that the cells have acclimated to, and sometimes it’s a much easier way to begin.

Do you feel that you are motivated to eat from your head or from your cells? Do you think you are called more by your palette or by your desire for fuel?

GUEST: By my palette.

ABRAHAM: And so, perhaps this information will put you into a place of choosing a little bit more deliberately. Like most things, it only takes a day or two or three or four of being deliberate about it before you have developed a new pattern. Haven’t you noticed you can get on a trend where suddenly it’s hard for the first two or three days and then suddenly it isn’t so hard anymore?

Discovering The Simpler Foods
Now, we’re not suggesting that you have to go out and eat nuts and berries. We’re not suggesting that you have to deprive yourself from all of this other stuff. But what we are saying is that you are going to discover much more satisfaction in simpler foods. And as you begin to discover the satisfaction in simpler foods, this business of being guided by your palette instead of by your physical body’s desire for fuel will change.

The other alternative is to get your body so much in motion that the need of the cells changes. If you can get your body to move enough that the cells of your body are generating a sort of nuclear activity, they can burn anything that you’ve eaten. But your body can take care of the things that it’s naturally calling for in the course of a normal day’s activities.

You have learned to guide yourself through flavor, through satisfying your palette. You are consuming things that are not natural to the cells. The cells work very hard at then compensating for this stuff that you’ve eaten. If you increase the activity of your body to very high levels, which usually amounts to running or something very aerobic, then your body can deal with all that you’re palette has asked for. But if you stop that and your palette is still asking, then your body is out of balance.

(Excerpted from G-2/27/97 — Napa, CA)

How Abraham Would Generate A Perfect Day
GUEST: So, Abraham, if you were in our physical shoes, what would you do when you woke up in the morning, and what processes would you use on a daily basis?

ABRAHAM: It’s a big question. Isn’t it? Because it would depend upon the circumstances. Different circumstances would require different responses, but we’ll give you a run down here because what you are really asking for is “How could I ever begin to apply the never-ending spewing of processes that you’ve been giving us over the years?”

We’re going to start the night before. We would put ourselves in our bed and we would lie there in the bed and try to achieve the feeling of appreciation. We would appreciate our bed. We would appreciate our day. We would compliment ourselves on the day’s achievement no matter how big or few they are. We would do our best to bask in our bed.

The End of Your Perfect Day
Before drifting off to sleep, we would set forth a thought, which is what we call prepaving, of pleasant anticipation of tomorrow. We would say something like, “Tomorrow will be a wonderful day.” And then we would try to find the feeling place of one of the most wonderful days we’d ever had. We’d try to find the feeling place of waking up and being glad to be alive and feeling happy about our physical life experience. We wouldn’t spend a lot of time on it because you don’t want to stimulate yourself into a lot of thought right before you’re trying to go to sleep. We would just try to generate the feeling of subtle, good feeling, peaceful, loving appreciation.

We might say, “And if I dream and there is anything important, I want to remember it.” When we awaken in the morning, the first thing we would do is acknowledge we’re glad to be alive and awake and physical, and then we would ask, “Did I dream?” because if you wait too long you won’t remember. Often you won’t have a dream that you remember, but if you do recall something, then lie there and try to recapture the feeling of it, because the feeling is what gives you your information. In other words, the emotions that you felt in your dream are the contrast that lets you know what you don’t want and what you do want, just like your feelings that you live in your real life-experience help you to know when you’re including something not wanted or when you’re including something wanted.

Next we would lie in our bed for about two or three minutes basking and appreciating. Now, again, can you feel that what we’re saying about generating a feeling? You see, when you slumber, your thoughts withdraw from the physical. So your Energy, your physical body energies, have been aligned. So when you first awaken, you’re like a new born baby. You’re lined up. You’re tuned in, tapped in and turned on. Have you ever awakened and felt immediately heavy as you come back into consciousness? It doesn’t happen all the time, but occasionally it happens, and what that is is the feeling of coming from the high pure vibration of Nonphysical into the denser heavier Energy of the physical. And it usually only happens to you if you’ve got some problem you’re struggling with, but once you get your Energy lined up, you won’t have that heavy feeling. Esther remembers, in the early days of speaking for Abraham, often when she would awaken in the morning, it was a sensation of her body weighing a thousand pounds as she came from high fast vibration into a denser vibration of a bit of struggle or worry.

Beginning Your Perfect Day
Once you have awakened and you’re lying there sort of basking for three or four or five minutes — whatever you have time for — really five minutes is optimum, then we would begin making some statements of what we anticipate for this day. Now, if you have already been doing your daily process, you probably already have some things lined up for this day. But if you haven’t, the sooner you do it in your day the better. So we would encourage you to get up, make yourself comfortable, go to the bathroom, brush your teeth, get something to drink, maybe even eat a little bit of breakfast...

Place Mat Process
The Place Mat Process is the most effective one that we’ve seen for getting the day started, and that is where you, on the left side of a page, make your list of things you plan to do today. Be true to yourself about it, don’t put 5,000 things on today’s list. Don’t put more on today’s list than you can do, or it defeats you. It makes you feel overwhelmed to begin with. Go through your lists of things. And then on the right side of the page make a list of things that you want, but for whatever reason you’re not ready to act on, and just let them come freely from you. Don’t carry the list from day to day to day to day. Don’t make work of it. Just, every morning, ask yourself “What are some things that I want that I’m not ready to act on? Things that I would like the Universal staff to get going on”, and just list those, because making a decision about what you want with an attitude that “it’s not for me to do, but I do want it done” is a very good alignment of Energy. Often if you say, “I want to do this” and you know you don’t have time, then your Energy is split even when you write it on the list. But if you say, “I want to do this, and while I don’t have time, I’m not putting it on my list. I’m just telling the Universe, work on it if you will, please?” Then there’s a freedom about it. There’s no resistance in the vibration. You’re actually doing what Creation is. You’re defining what you want and you’re staying vibrationally out of the way of it. That’s it. Then we would move through our day.

Now, if something happens, like somebody calls us on the telephone and we have a little run-in with someone where we feel negative emotion, then the process we would offer is “Hum, I feel negative emotion. That means I’ve got my pencil in the fan, which means, I am including in my vibration something that I’d really like to exclude. But there’s no such thing as exclusion. So I’m shouting ‘No’ at it, including it anyway, lowering my own vibration, disallowing my Core Energy, and mucking up my vibration. I don’t want to do that anymore. So since I know what I don’t want, what is it that I do want?” And then we would make the statement of what we do want.

Focus Wheel Process
Now, if you really want to take the time to clear this Energy up right now, do a Focus Wheel. In other words, you have this newfound knowing of what you now want. It’s stronger and clearer than it’s recently been. In other words, it just happened. It’s hot off the press. It’s right there big and loud. You know that you want to feel such and such. So sit with your Focus Wheel, which is a piece of paper with a little circle in the middle, and just start making statements. Writing them. Writing is your strongest point of focus. Your mind doesn’t wander as much when you write. Your Energy doesn’t get split as much when you write. You keep your vibration purer when you write. So then, begin writing your statements clockwise around the middle circle.

We’ll do a Focus Wheel relative to the offering of our friend about her sister’s phone call about the sauerkraut. She would write something like “I want to get along well with this wonderful sister. I like it best when we are adoring each other, and there are so many things about her that are easy to adore, and life is so good. I am glad that we live close enough that we can share intimately in each other’s lives, and we’re going to have a wonderful time at this party today, and it’s going to feel so good to be there and realize that our relationship is bigger than this stupid little incident. And so, we will rise above it and feel wonderful.” And in the middle circle she would write, “Aren’t I glad that I have this person in my life.” With just a little bit of effort, you’ve totally brought yourself not only back into alignment but into stronger, clearer, better alignment than you would have been if the incident hadn’t happened to begin with. For the most part, that’s the way we would live our lives. We would be aware that the way we feel is an indicator of what we are vibrating.

For the most part, that’s the way we would live our lives. We would be aware that the way we feel is an indicator of what we are vibrating.

I Love Feeling Good
Now, somewhere in there — and you can do it or not do it — but we would offer it maybe a hundred times a day: “I love feeling good. I love feeling good. Nothing is more important than that I feel good. I want to be true to myself. The better I feel, the more connected I am.” In other words, we would make lots of those kinds of statements reminding ourselves that feeling good is really all that really matters. People sometimes worry about that. They say, “Abraham, you’re screwy because you’re teaching people to feel good, and what about the monster that feels good when he monsters something?” And we say, “No one ever feels good when they are not in vibrational harmony with their Core. You don’t need to worry.

If you can teach people how to connect with that feeling of Well-being or that feeling of love or that feeling of appreciation and they are working to harmonize their thoughts, words and actions with that feeling — your troubles would cease on this planet. No one would ever push against anyone ever again about anything. Good.

http://www.abraham-hicks.com/journal.php?eid=932

(Excerpted from G-2/28/97 — Napa, CA)

You need to be a member of Powerful Intentions. A Law of Attraction Community to add comments!

Join Powerful Intentions. A Law of Attraction Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The Place Mat Process

The Place Mat is one of the most powerful processes of deliberate
    creation offered, so far, because it helps you to clearly focus,
    without resistance. A woman said, "Abraham, this is like magic!"
    Abraham replied, "It seems like magic because you have been wanting
    these things for years but now you want with no resistance."

Abraham-Hicks Calendar, p. 517

The power of the Place Mat process is that it accomplishes the only
    two prerequisites to Deliberate Creating:

Here you go.......

1. Identifying your object of desire (what you want)

2. Allowing it (having no resistance)

Want it, allow it, and it is!!!

Jerry and Esther call it the Place Mat process because they started
    using it as they traveled, eating in restaurants a lot, simply
    writing on the back of a place mat.

Using the back of your Place Mat (or any other piece of paper), draw
    a "T" dividing the paper into two sections, writing "ME" on the top
    of the left side and "UNIVERSE" on the top of the right side. On the
    left side (your side), write those things that you are ready and
    willing to take action on now--those things that you really want or
    feel inspired to do (not anything you think you "should" do or have
    any "obligation" to do, for there is resistance already built into