Influence & Abraham's Teachings

Abraham By Topic
for self study, quotes reference, spending time with the material of Abraham....
Topics By Thread Here.

quotes....quotes...more quotes to come in the thread....

Most physical beings are aware of influence but have only a partial understanding of influence. Instead of benefiting by the influence that could enhance your experience, most of you are in a position of protecting yourself from influences, and so, the end result is not benefit but detriment. In fact, the benefit of influence is the precise reason you have chosen this dimension, shared with so many others and so much influence.

A New Beginning II

As we observe your world, we see the power of influence from others as a tremendous hindrance to your own individual creative thinking.~page 29, A New Beginning I-9th Printing

And here, we will speak to you about the primary hindrances that prevent you from that constant deliberate control. And then we will offer an *exercise that will assist you, tremendously, in that deliberate control.

As you are intending, and thereby creating, one of the most common hindrances is the influence from others.

As you receive stimulation of thought from others, you may begin to think upon that thought and thereby create in the direction of it, and the Law Of Attraction will assist you by bringing forth other thoughts that are compatible, or in harmony, with that thought.

Unless you are very clear, in every moment, you maybe influenced by the thoughts or words or actions of those who surround you to create something that you do not want.

The second hindrance comes not from the influence of others, but from the influence of your own habits - habits that have been developed at a time when your intentions were different than they are now.

When you are responding out of habit, rather than out of deliberate thought, you may be creating in a different, or even opposite direction than you really want in this current moment.~pages 22-23 A New Beginning I-9th Printing

(* Segment Intending is the exercise promised at the beginning of this quote and it's overview begins a few paragraphs after this one.)

Most miscreating occurs when your mind is drifting, or wandering, during those activities that do not require conscious concentration, such as driving your automobile or taking a bath or grooming yourself. Therefore, it is of value for you to be focused upon something at all times, for your marvelous thinking mechanism is not content to be idle. If you do not deliberately give it something to think about or to focus upon, it may be stimulated by thoughts or words or actions that surround you.~page 14, A New Beginning I - 9th Printing

If you do not take the time to identify and state your dominant intentions, then your creating is more easily influenced by others - or by your own old habits~page 23, A New Beginning I - 9th Printing

Until you have made a decision about what is important to you, all stimulation of thought draws your attention. And, as you give your attention to anything, you begin to create in the direction of it. And that is the reason that there is much value for you to break your day into segments and to intend clearly what is most important to you within each segment.~page 27, A New Beginning I - 9th Printing

No one can create in your reality. It is all your doing, every time.~date unknown, but it is said often in various ways.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your influence is far more than one on one.
As you are living happily ever after, you are a vortex through which pure Non-physical Energy flows. And the more you allow pure Non-physical Energy to flow into this time and place, the more the vibrational level of your planet is raised. So that more beings, even when they are not asking openly, can begin receiving this influence.”

Abraham-Hicks

More quotes in the thread. 

You need to be a member of Powerful Intentions. A Law of Attraction Community to add comments!

Join Powerful Intentions. A Law of Attraction Community

Replies

• Thank you! 

• ohhh  yum, that feels so good to read. Thanks for sharing.
  • was just about to go off on 'COM'ON PEOPLE, (driving me crazey) lol Just get into alignment alreadY!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHH! lol was gonna be msn headder until i listend to this, (whistling) now imma just leave it blank and get into my vortex, lol nice save DS hi5
    • giggle. hi5. it happens for me too here. love it.
  • mmmmmm. nice. like a steak dinner and an evening of pure lounging about.

i love the pool of ponder material here in this space. ty so much for adding to the bliss of being here now and pondering pleasing thoughts on all-is-well-ness.

you rock pilar!
  • Your influence is far more than one on one.

As you are living happily ever after, you are a vortex through which pure Non-physical Energy flows.

And the more you allow pure Non-physical Energy to flow into this time and place, the more the vibrational level of your planet is raised.

So that more beings, even when they are not asking openly, can begin receiving this influence.”

Abraham-Hicks
    one.as - This website is for sale! - one,internet Resources and Information.
    This website is for sale! one.as is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you…
  • Here's the longer version:

[questioner is having difficult interactions with his stepdaughter]

Abraham:

… and you gather up this new resolve that it is going to be different in your experience and then you walk right into the face of that. We want you to understand what it is that youre bumping up against thats making you so nuts.

It isnt her choosing things that disagree with your choices. Thats not whats making you so uncomfortable. It is her own personal discord that you are bumping up against that is making you uncomfortable. We know the trap. Its like, Well Im only responding to what shes taught me. And this is the thing that we want so much for you all to hear from us here today:

You teach each other your respective responsive vibrations. In other words, you dont feel any way about anyone without their helping you to feel that way. Its really co-creation. Well even go further, and bolder, and louder, and blunter. If theres somebody you dont like, they dont like you either!

We have never seen it otherwise. We have never one time, ever, known someone to adore someone… that the one that they were adoring, didnt adore them back!

Now, some are thinking.. Oh wait a minute. There was that man that I loved with all my heart, and he didnt love me back. And we say, you were offering him insecurity. You were offering him worry. It wasnt that pure vibration of love.

When you are tuned in, tapped in, turned on — when you are connected to your Source and holding someone as your object of attention and you are genuinely offering that feeling of love and appreciation — they cant offer you anything else! The law of attraction, that manager called law of attraction would not put you together… even when you live in the same house. You would rendezvous differently. You would come home when shes not there; shed come home when youre not there. Or she would be unavailable or shed be doing something else. You would really have to work hard to seek out those incompatible moments, when you are in that place of pure positive energy. It just could not happen, you see.

So. What were suggesting to you - and we are certainly understanding how it came about - your dominate vibration about this girl - is bringing you nothing but grief. And somebody should do something about it — and its not her.

Sacramento, CA 7/27/02
    • Love it, thanks for dropping more. Love the last paragraph: somebody should do something about it indeed.
This reply was deleted.